The Silca System Grate is a 400x450x38mm, 100% Recycled, engineered polycarbonate grate which is screw fixed directly to the joists of a standard timber deck construction, or to floating joist system for over membrane or slab.
It provides a flat, braced surface on which to lay almost any kind of paving material, whether it be concrete pavers, porcelain, travertine, tiles, brick, natural stone or the many other options available in the market today.
Silca Grates feature:
- Strengthening ribs and hex cells to spread and transfer load across the decking element and down onto the joist.
- Pre-formed countersunk holes designed to guide the screws into the joist at the correct position. (remember to not overtighten screws as this can damage the countersink)
- A second row of fixing so grates can be uniformly trimmed to slot in between joists should more height clearance be required. (This requires extra timbers clashed to the side of the joist for the grate to sit on.)
- Free draining design for minimum moisture retention.
- Micro flex to absorb any movement within the decking element and reduce risk of any tile or grout disturbance.
- UV stable.
- Manufactured in NZ from 100% recycled materials. Green Building Product.
The Silca System can be used for a wide variety of applications: Decks, Patios, Stairs, Ramps, Paths, Bridges, Docks, Around Pools, Residential, Commercial and Civil Applications.
Price is per piece - Please contact us regarding bulk purchases.
View the installation guides, brochure and other resources here
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.